Around 1848, a wooden house on the street Piotrkowska 131 together with its outbuildings and a garden
was owned by one of the Lodz weavers– Anthony Pitzela.
The next owners of the property were Teodor Kahl, the Schadkes and Otylia and Adolf Otto who purchased
the property for 4000 rubles and created the mortgage register.
In June of 1889 the property was purchased for 15,000 silver rublesby the banker Maximilian Goldfeder.
The new owner was an example of a typical Renaissance man doing his career on the basis of the fast developing city.
In 1891 the construction of Goldfeder’s new headquarters began,
it was designed by the famous Polish architect Hilary Majewski.
In 1896 the land on 131 Piotrkowska Street, by a new generation of numbers, received the number 77.
In the years 1889-1923 Maximilian Goldfeder and his family developed in-house banking services.
On the ground floor there was an exchange office, at the top the residencial area for Goldfeders. In 1923,
Maximilian Goldfeder died and with his death his family business went bankrupt.
New creditors were coming, both from Polish
and foreign banks.
Only in September 1930 the property was offered for auction
and bought by the The Narrow Gauge Railway Society
of Lodz for the amount of PLN 265 000.
Five years after the Second World War the building
was passed to the Public Utilities Company.
In 1958 PUC made an agreement with the Association
of Polish Students,
on the basis of which the Association was allowed
to use the ground floor and the first floor of the front building
with the part of a corridor.
In 1978 the building became the property
of Municipal Enterprises
and in January 1968 the building on 77 Piotrkowska Street
was put in the register of historic buildings
of the Regional Conservator of Lodz.
In the turbulent time of the 1960s’ the ground floor of the building
- the student club “Siódemki” was a meeting place for Lodz artists,
one of the regulars was the renowned film director Roman Polanski,
composer Krzysztof Komeda and Wojciech Mlynarski.
There was a general renovation on the second floor since 1988.
The owners of “Siódemki” Mariola i Bogdan Wysoccy
decided to open there The Inheritors Club (“Klub Spadkobiercow”).
All works were controlled by the General Conservator of Łódź,
because one of the conditions and requirements
was to copy was facilities,
the atmosphere those exclusive interiors from XIX
and XX century had.
“Klub Spadkobierców” has five banqueting
halls and one of them is very spacious with
an attractive wooden bar.
The design of all interiors is really impressive
with numerous ornaments,
decoration and sculptures from that period of time
which is a proof of craftman’s artistry and inventiveness.
originals ovens and stained glass windows
are worth visitors’ attention.
The building on 77 Piotrkowska Street is definitely one
of the most valued historic places in Łódź.